• Act quickly the longer a spill sits on your carpet the more difficult it is to avoid a lasting stain
• Blot don’t rub always use clean white cloth or plain white paper towels (ink could transfer to the affected area).
• Work from the outside in this keeps you from spreading the spill.
• Rinse thoroughly remembering to blot afterwards (don’t rub) or use a wet/dry vacuum
• Rinse again
• Dry thoroughly put a fan on the area and avoid foot traffic in the wet area.
Simple enough but there are things to avoid:
• Never use laundry detergent on your carpet. Laundry detergent contains optical brighteners that dye fibers.
• Never use automatic dishwashing detergent because many contain bleach that can destroy carpet dyes.
• Never use bleach